North Carolina Furniture Guide
In order to help you understand what to expect from the dealers, this page explains the major ways that different dealers handle the various aspects of doing business.
"The Furniture Capital of the World" is found in North Carolina and North Carolina has the world's largest collection of furniture and accessories. Over 60% of all furniture manufactured in the United States is made in North Carolina. Practically any kind of home furnishings that you may want is available from North Carolina dealers.
If you need one or two pieces of furniture, or if you need a whole room-full or house-full of furniture, you can find it in North Carolina.
Traditional and contemporary furniture account for the majority of furniture that is sold in the United States. Additional styles of furniture are available including oriental, reproductions, rattan, wicker and wrought iron. Also home accessories are available in North Carolina. including oriental rugs, fabrics, clocks, antiques, lamps, mirrors, chandeliers, wallpaper, garden accessories, bedding and linens.
Many furniture dealers also sell office furniture for corporate environments and for home-office use.
Most of the furniture that is sold in North Carolina is first quality. The retailer's proximity to the leading manufacturers enables them to offer the finest in home furnishings at savings up to 50%. Some stores sell market samples, over-runs, showroom samples, cancellations and slight factory irregulars. You may be able to save up to 65% on these items.
If you have any questions, ask the salesperson that is helping you. In addition, most stores have interior designers on staff whom you may consult without additional charge.
1. If you cannot come to North Carolina, you can also purchase furniture by using their internet site. You can contact a North Carolina furniture store and tell a salesperson the manufacturers name, the model number and/or the collection name, the wood finish and/or fabric name and color. The salesperson will then prepare a quote for you and send this quote to you for your confirmation.
2. If you cannot come to North Carolina, you can purchase furniture by phone, even if you don’t know exactly what you want! You can contact a North Carolina furniture store and tell a salesperson what you need (bedroom furniture, living room furniture, etc.) and what your approximate budget is. The salesperson will then email, fax or mail you some pictures or brochures and you can then choose the exact type and style of furniture that you want. You can then call or email the salesperson and place your order.
3. If you come to North Carolina to purchase furniture, you may decide to buy furniture that is on display in one of the furniture stores. If you want to rent a trailer or truck, you can take your furniture home with you the day you purchase it. In most cases, however, the dealers will arrange to have this furniture delivered to your home. Depending on where you live, your new furniture will usually be delivered in 2 to 8 weeks.
4. If you come to North Carolina to purchase furniture, you may not find exactly what you want at the furniture dealers showrooms. In that case, you can work with a salesperson at the furniture store and order exactly what you want from a manufacturer. This furniture can usually be delivered to your home in about 4 to 10 weeks.
If you come to North Carolina and purchase furniture that is in a dealer’s showroom, you will have to pay for the furniture at that time. Obviously, all the furniture stores will accept cash! Usually, it is more convenient to pay with charge cards or checks. Some dealers prefer checks, some dealers prefer charge cards. Ask the dealer what their policy is.
If you special order furniture, most furniture dealers will require a deposit of 20% to 50% at the time your furniture is ordered. Then, when your furniture is ready to be delivered to your home (usually in about 4 to 10 weeks) you will have to pay the remaining balance in
1. Before your furniture is delivered to your home, you will have to
Make sure you are aware of the furniture dealer’s
Many stores have their own trucks and they will deliver
In some cases, the furniture stores will ship your
furniture to your
1. Before you leave home, remember to bring swatches or color samples of furniture, drapes, fabrics, paint or wallpaper that you will need to color match. If swatches aren't available, take good color pictures & bring them with you.
Chandeliers, lamps and sconces can be as creatively
varied as any work of art. Chandeliers can bring instant glamour to any
room. Cut crystal is the most widely known material, but chandeliers can
be made from wrought iron, brass, tole, wood and ceramic materials. Contemporary
interiors can also be enhanced with chandeliers of steel, chrome and glass.
CAROLINA PUBLICATIONS, INC.